Who, What and Why
Summerfruit New Zealand represents the interests of approximately 280 apricot, cherry, nectarine, peach, and plum growers.
We provide strategic direction and focus, building strong relationships between growers, marketers, retailers and exporters.
Summerfruit NZ works at both national and regional levels to promote our industry to the consumer.
Summerfruit NZ acts as an advocate on industry issues:
- Industry profile
- Research and development
- Market access
- Export compliance
- NZ market development
Summerfruit NZ also carries out a number of other functions:
- provides advice, information and support for our growers
- develops industry strategies to address key issues
- publishes our magazine, SummerFruit Journal
- promotes summerfruit to the NZ consumer
- produces a weekly email newsletter during the season (December to March), subscribe here:email@example.com
- conducts grower seminars and workshops
- holds an annual conference
- provides SummerGreen facilitators in Central Otago and the Hawkes Bay
- monitors weekly sales on both the export and NZ markets during the season
- represents the industry in discussions with the government and government departments